In the last month, I installed a new station (#16426) and deployed some BluBat tags. (Note: I’m new to the Bluseries tags/antennas). I plugged the Bluseries receiver into USB1 and thus entered the yagis as B1-1 through B1-4 when setting up a receiver deployment on Motus. When downloading the data through the Motus R package, however, I see port “B1-” but no indication of which yagi the tags were read on. These data are visible in the “blu_radio_id” column from the CTT data (downloaded using the celltracktech package in R). Is this information not passed onto Motus? We’re interested in seeing which direction the bats are going and not just presence/absence at the station. I was hoping my student would be able to download this information through the motus package rather than celltracktech. Thanks!
That antenna information should be retained when you download the data the R package. This is likely an issue with the database and/or how the hit data is being served. Do you have nodes associated with this station or just the 4-way Blu receiver?
We do have nodes on L1 with a 434 MHz yagi reading in as port B-1 in the Motus data. Maybe that’s causing the confusion?